Orthodontic Treatment & Braces for Teens
Before making one of the most important decisions your adolescent will face, make sure you know everything you need to about orthodontic treatments for your teen. Educating yourselves about the importance of expert orthodontic care for teenagers is so important to ensure your family makes informed decisions about your child’s smile.
You may have visited the dentist for a routine checkup and heard the phrase many families dread, “Have you considered braces?” But, we’re here to let you know that braces aren’t something to fear – they’re a great opportunity to get excited about because, in many cases, they completely transform the way young people feel about themselves.
Issues That Can Be Corrected with Orthodontic Treatment
Orthodontic treatment for teens can help correct these issues:
- Deep bites
- Gummy smiles
- Issues with their airway
- Protruding teeth also called buck teeth
- Narrow jaws and dental arches
- Underbites or overbites
- Small lower jaws
Different Kinds of Braces for Teenagers
- The traditional metal braces with elastic bands (the rubber bands can come in fun colours, so your child can customize their look)
- Your teen can also choose clear or white ceramic braces that are much less noticeable
- Some braces options can even go behind the teeth for total invisibility
- Invisalign is a great option for patience who are looking for invisible, removable braces. It uses plastic trays to straighten teeth called aligners.
What is the Ideal Age to Get Braces?
Typically, by age 11, adolescents have lost all of their baby teeth and their adult teeth have settled in. At this age, kids’ bodies are rapidly developing, so it’s the perfect time to address their need for braces. The longer you wait, the more complicated orthodontic care for children and teens can become.
Trust a Team of Experienced Orthodontists in London, Ontario
Wonder West Orthodontics in London, Ontario offers comprehensive orthodontic braces for teens and pre-teens. Our team truly understands how important this step forward for your child’s smile is to your family, and we’re committed to supporting the best possible experience and outcomes for all of you.
We specialize in caring for families and offer a wide range of orthodontic treatment options for every patient’s unique needs. Contact us today to learn how we can help guide you and your teenager toward the right orthodontic solutions for the smile they’re dreaming of.